[CD] Tiempo Libre - My Secret Radio

Répondre
Maximus
Silver
Silver
Artiste(s) préféré(s) : Pupy y los que son son, La Charanga Habanera, Tirso Duarte, Los Van Van, Elio Revé y su Charangon, Bamboleo, Azucar Negra, Michel Maza, Dan Den, Maykel Blanco y su SalsaMayor, Adalberto Alvarez y su son

[CD] Tiempo Libre - My Secret Radio

Message par Maximus »

Déjà sorti depuis le 05 Mai dernier, et on n'en a pas parlé sur FC.net, je vais essayer de réparer cela !

Eh oui, le nouvel album de Tiempo Libre est là !

C'est déjà le 5ème album (le 3è de timba) de ce groupe de cubains tout droit venu de Miami.

Rappelons à ce sujet que leurs précédents albums de timba Lo qué esperabas et Arroz Con Mango ont tous deux été nommés aux Grammy Awards.

Un très très bon album, dont voici la track-list :

1. Lo Mio Primero
2. San Antonio
3. Como Hace Años Feat. Albita
4. Prende La Radio
5. Mi Gente
6. Aceite
7. Mecánica
8. Mujer De Fuego
9. Ahora Te Quieres Ir
10. After The Love Is Gone - Rachelle Fleming, Guest Vocal
11. Mi Antena

Le morceau Lo mio primero est déjà un tube (j'adore comme ça swingue à partir de 2'25" !!):

[youtube]0eTLfXpnA5E[/youtube]

... et j'avoue que j'ai un gros faible pour la descarga Aceite

A découvrir de toute urgence !!

Pour les auditeurs de Timba Para Siempre, les 3 albums "timba" du groupe sont dans la programmation !

Maximus

P.S. : Petite histoire sur le nom de l'album, en anglais (pas eu le courage de traduire, c'est leur agent de pub qui m'a envoyé le texte) :

The Cuban government forbade its citizens to listen to American radio when the members of Tiempo Libre were growing up in Cuba.

But, like teenagers everywhere, that which was forbidden was what they most desired. They fashioned antennas out of salvaged aluminum foil and clothes hangers and climbed up on their rooftops secretly at night to tune into the music which pulsated from Miami airwaves. This music of the night fueled their dreams of living in America and ultimately gave them the strength to leave it all behind - families, friends, a country, a life - to pursue those dreams.

My Secret Radio is an Afro-Cuban love letter to the music heard on American radio stations. Through the album, the seven musicians express the thrill they received from their secret rooftop radio sessions as well as the difficulties they faced having to start from scratch in America, a culture so foreign and different from Cuba.

Today, with three Grammy nominations, appearances on NPR, The Hollywood Bowl, Jazz at Lincoln Center, as well as TV's The Tonight Show and Dancing with the Stars, Tiempo Libre's musicians are truly living the American dream. They have become known around the world for their joyous dance-inducing concerts of timba music - a high-energy, sophisticated combination of Latin Jazz and traditional Cuban "son". There hasn't been a concert yet where people haven't gotten out of their seats to dance in the aisles. The band was thrilled to see this held true at a concert in Malaysia, when they spotted burka clad women dancing to their infectious music at the back of the theatre.

Just as jazz has travelled from New Orleans to Chicago, New York and around the world, Tiempo Libre's members see Cuban timba music as a living, breathing art form that continues to evolve over time. Tiempo Libre's sound honors the group's Cuban musical heritage, while incorporating their American experiences - funk, hip-hop, rap, jazz, ska and pop.

50 years since the Bay of Pigs and ten years since their formation as the first all-Cuban timba group in the U.S., there is not a moment Tiempo Libre's members take for granted. Says the group's pianist and musical director Jorge Gomez, "Every record we make, every concert we play seems like a gift. Each time we are about to walk on stage, I get a tingling sensation, that thrill that starts at the base of the spine and fills me with euphoria. It's the same thrill I felt up on that roof under the twinkling Havana stars, listening to my secret radio."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Timba Para Siempre [web radio]* - Timba, Songo, Changüí, Son, Reguetón, Conga, Rumba y Cha Cha Chá… A lo cubano!
Répondre